Sunday, February 12, 2023

Tasting - Mountain and Vine Rose Wine

Name: Mountain and Vine Rose Wine
Variety: Rose
Region: Faber, Virginia
Country: United States
Vintage: 2017 
Price: $24


Winery Review: The winery describes this wine as a French style varietal wine. It says that the wine gives a floral and crisp taste. The rose also finishes with a very dry taste. It can be drank for any kind of occasion. They go on to talk about the Vineyard being a specific Virginia terroir which makes the wine even more unique. The Winery also has high quality wines and loves to relate it back to the terroir in VA. If you're curious the winery is located in Faber, VA. 


Wine Folly: When looking at what grape the Rose was made with it said merlot and cabernet franc. So on pg 13, it states a merlot grape will have little sweetness and a dried herb taste. Then on pg 86, It says strawberry, raspberry, and bell pepper. The sweetness for the cab franc is also on the low side. I say I agree with the book because it was very much a floral and earthy rose. 



My Review: I personally wasn't a fan of this wine. It was too dry and not sweet enough for me. I wish that it had more of a fruity sweetness to it. When I first smelled the wine, I wasn't intrigued because I got just the smell of alcohol. I couldn't really smell the floral aromas from it. Then when I tasted it, I got the floral flavors but no fruity flavors. Luckily, it has been chilling for a while because my sister gave me this bottle. This rose is supposed to her served chilled, so I think that helped. Overall, the wine wasn't horrible, I just don't like dry wines like this but I thought I would give it a try. 

No food was eaten with this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Gallo Family Sweet Pineapple

Name:   Gallo Family Sweet Pineapple Variety: Sweet Wine (not specified) Region: Modesto, California Country:  United States Year:  Not give...