Sunday, February 5, 2023

Tasting - Mango Moscato

Name: Bay Bridge Mango Moscato
Variety: Moscato
Region: Livermore and Ripon, California
Country: United States
Year: Not given on bottle 
Price: $2.99 on sale at Kroger



Critic Review: After searching on multiple different websites looking for a review, I couldn't find one talking about the mango moscato. A few different websites mention the peach and strawberry moscato they sell. I am not sure if it is just seasonal but no wine review could be found. The Kroger website doesn't even have a brief description of the wine. 



Wine Folly: Like I said in my review below, this wine was very very sweet. Using the Wine Folly textbook, I am going to compare the level of sweetness. This wine is a still wine and according to pg 17 in the textbook, it is considered doux, which is very sweet. On pg 16 the level of sweetness for a doux wine is ranked as a 5 and is 72+ calories. If I can recall correctly the wine was 110 calories per serving. In my opinion that is a good amount of calories for a sweet wine with a ton of residual sugars. Still on pg 16, the wines with lower acidity and high amounts of residual sugar tastes sweeter. This statement I can agree with because there was no acidity in this mango moscato. Overall, this wine reminds me of a super sweet piece of candy. 




My review: After drinking this, I wasn't a super big fan of it. I personally thought the wine was just way too sweet for my liking. The wine did go down very smooth but when it hit my teeth, it         made them ache. It wasn't horrible for a $3 wine but I wish there was more acidity added in. I know it is a Moscato and they are always on the sweeter side. Then mango flavor was phenomenal though and tasted similar to the actual fruit. Overall, the sweetness needs to be toned down. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Gallo Family Sweet Pineapple

Name:   Gallo Family Sweet Pineapple Variety: Sweet Wine (not specified) Region: Modesto, California Country:  United States Year:  Not give...