Sunday, January 22, 2023

Tasting - Lemonade Moscato



Name: Lemonade Stand Lemonade Moscato  
Variety: Moscato 
Region: Livermore and Ripon, California 
Country: USA
Year: Not given on bottle 
Price: $5.99 at Kroger 


Critic Review: This Lemonade Moscato is the perfect version of a sweet and sour wine. Though it is tart, there is a touch of sweetness that helps bring in a good balance. It is not super hard to drink and it goes down very easy. This moscato is also lower proof. M.U. (7/1/2022) 


Wine Folly: When looking in the Wine Folly book, I couldn't find anything specific on moscatos. The closest thing I could find would be on pg 138 and that is a Muscat Blanc. The Muscat Blanc seems most similar to this wine with a high sweetness and slight acidity. The lower alcohol content is also comparable with Meyer lemon flavors. I know it is not the same but they do seem very similar. 


My Review: Sweet but not too sweet. Very refreshing when super chilled or with a few cubes of ice in it. It is definitely going to be a choice for a summer wine. I agree with the critic review, that it goes down very easily. The perfect sweet and sour combo made my taste buds pop because I wasn't expecting that. I do like lemonade and I wish it had a little more touch of lemon but I understand that it is a wine. 

No food was eaten with this! 

References:

Uhm, Monica. “Review: Lemonade Stand at Main & Vine Cocktails.” Drinkhacker, 24 Dec. 2022, https://www.drinkhacker.com/2022/07/01/review-lemonade-stand-at-main-vine-cocktails/. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Gallo Family Sweet Pineapple

Name:   Gallo Family Sweet Pineapple Variety: Sweet Wine (not specified) Region: Modesto, California Country:  United States Year:  Not give...