Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Personal Experience with Wine

 


When growing up, my whole entire family were wine drinkers. To this day, they all still love wine. For any big occasion, holiday, or family event a good amount of wine is always being consumed. My moms side of the family are big Pinot Noir drinkers with an occasional sparkling wine. Me on the other hand, I love sweet wines and anything bubbly. Prosecco is definitely up there on my families list. A nice glass of Prosecco with a splash of cranberry juice is perfect for the holidays. 

Since starting college I would say I have consumed a lot more wine than probably any other alcoholic beverage. It truly is something I look forward to ordering when out at a restaurant. One of my favorite things related to wine is going to wineries. I think wineries are so much fun because of the variety of options they have. One thing I have noticed though, a lot of wineries have a slim choosing of super sweet wines. Like I mentioned in the above paragraph, I love sweet wine. My mom always tells me I will eventually learn to like dry wines but I don't think so. I lean more towards liking the different kinds of moscatos. I haven't truly been able to find a specific brand of wine I like. Right now I normally just go with Barefoot since its affordable. Last semester my roommates and I got into drinking wine most weekends and will probably continue this semester. 

My main goal is to learn how to choose different wines and how to pair them with different foods in this course. The reason I want to learn this is so when I am having events in the future at my house I want to know what goes with what. I also want to learn this so when I go out to dinner I know what wine to order. I am still learning wine at a slow pace, but I really hope this class helps me broaden my wine choices and maybe open me up to choosing new wines to try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Gallo Family Sweet Pineapple

Name:   Gallo Family Sweet Pineapple Variety: Sweet Wine (not specified) Region: Modesto, California Country:  United States Year:  Not give...